Re: out of memory error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: out of memory error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Vincent Dautremont <vincent@searidgetech.com> writes:
>> An entirely blue-sky guess as
>> to what your code might be doing to trigger such a problem is if you
>> were constantly replacing the same function's definition via CREATE OR
>> REPLACE FUNCTION.

> Do you mean that what would happen is that when we call the plpgsql
> function, it executes each time a create or replace, then execute the
> function ?
> because my functions are all written like that :

> -- Function: spzoneinsert(integer, integer)
>> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION spzoneinsert(i_zoneid integer, i_output_port
>> integer)
>> RETURNS void AS

Well, yeah, that is the common way to define a function.  The question
was about whether you are constantly re-executing this same SQL
thousands of times over the course of a session.  I think it would take
actually using the function in between such redefinitions to provoke a
plan leak, but if you were doing that it might explain the problem.