Re: PostgreSQL x Sybase

От Ian Harding
Тема Re: PostgreSQL x Sybase
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> A commonly overlooked comparison for "always on" systems is to compare
> what sorts of operations you can do to databases without needing to
> restart the server or drop tables, lock out users etc.

We use Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere 8 here and the thing that
annoys me about it is exactly this.  You can't modify any database
objects (AFAICT) while there are other connections.  I have to script
things and schedule them to run in the middle of the night.

There "Enterprise" product is apparently a completely different
animal, so it is probably better.

- Ian