Re: tsearch2 and "how to use"

От Ian Harding
Тема Re: tsearch2 and "how to use"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The big job is populating the index columns.  I think you can only put
the full text index column in the same table as the referenced
columns.  In other words, you will end up with 3 tables, each with a
ftidx column.  I hope your docs show how to create and populate the
indexes and to create triggers to keep them up to date.

To search across 3 tables I would do something like

select ...
from t1 join t2 on ... join t3 on...
where t1.idxfti @@ 'test'::tsquery
  or t2.idxfti @@ 'test'::tsquery
  or t2.idxfti @@ 'test'::tsquery

If there is an easier better way, I don't know it!

I can email you the very good intro and readme files directly if you need them.

--
"Her faults were those of her race and sex; her virtues were her own.
Farewell, and if for ever - "

-- "Travels with a Donkey in the Cevennes" by Robert Louis Stevenson