Re: Indexen on 8.0.3

От Ian Harding
Тема Re: Indexen on 8.0.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/6/05, han.holl@informationslogik.nl <han.holl@informationslogik.nl> wrote:
> On Thursday 06 October 2005 18:20, Tom Lane wrote:
> >
> > No, there's no reason for 8.0 to be slower at this than 7.4, if all else
> > is equal.  I'm betting that all else is not equal.  Maybe you are using
> > a different encoding or locale in the new installation than the old?
> >
> Well, I suspect that something is not equal as well. The trouble is I can't
> seem to find it.
> We're going to replay what happened on a different machine, and hopefully will
> find something.

When I went from 7.4 to 8.0 I had queries that were significantly
slower.  I had to tweak work_mem to get them to run at reasonable
speed, and then they were faster than 7.4 with default sort_mem.
Can't remember the details of the queries right now.

> Thanks,
>
> Han Holl

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?