Error in logfile on DB startup

От Nigel Bishop
Тема Error in logfile on DB startup
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi

Solaris 8, PG 7.4.2 installed from source

The DB appears to be running OK

I set the following in the pg_conf file to invoke statistics gathering:

stats_start_collector = true
stats_block_level = true

In the logfile after the DB was re-started the following appeared:

2004-07-19 16:25:12 LOG:  could not bind socket for statistics
collector: Cannot assign requested address

I found 1 hit with someone who had a similar problem but I was unsure to
the fix

I believe that the solution lies with this file /etc/inet/ipnodes, the
contents of which are:

#
# Internet host table
#
::1             localhost
127.0.0.1       localhost

Am I right in assuming that the line beginning ::1 needs to be commented
out? And PG restarted
~
If this does fix the problem does that then mean that the following view
will be populated - pg_statio_all_tables - at the moment it's empty

*****

One other question how do I format the output from a SQL query - in
Oracle I can use the COLUMN command:

COLUMN col1 FORMAT A10
COLUMN col2 FORMAT 999,999
SELECT col1,col2 FROM table1;