Re: Help with failures on HEAD

От Todd A. Cook
Тема Re: Help with failures on HEAD
Дата
Список buildfarm-members

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>
Date: Friday, February 10, 2023 at 10:42 AM
To: "Todd A. Cook" <cookt@synopsys.com>, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Cc: "buildfarm-members@lists.postgresql.org" <buildfarm-members@lists.postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: Help with failures on HEAD

On 2023-02-09 Th 14:00, Todd A. Cook wrote:

    On 2/9/23, 1:41 PM, "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us <mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>> wrote:
    "Todd A. Cook" <ToddA.Cook@synopsys.com <mailto:ToddA.Cook@synopsys.com>> writes:
    > Hi,
    > Last Saturday morning, builds of HEAD on my animal mantid[1] spontaneously started failing;
    > see [2] for an example. The log shown there is

    > Missing checked out branch bf_HEAD:
    > * [32mbf_HEAD[m
    > bf_REL_11_STABLE[m
    > bf_REL_12_STABLE[m
    > bf_REL_13_STABLE[m
    > bf_REL_14_STABLE[m
    > bf_REL_15_STABLE[m
    > master[m

    In the past, I've been able to resolve issues similar to this one
    by flushing the animal's git repo (rm -rf pgmirror.git) and letting
    it pull that down fresh on the next run. Not clear if you included
    that when you "removed the buildroot"?

Yes, I did "rm -rf buildroot".  After that, I verified (with "diff -r") that I had no changes
      vs. the distribution tarball other than having my build-farm.conf present.

Don't do that. All the state is stored under the buildroot, and you'd be throwing that away. 999 times out of 1000 this should do the trick:

rm -rf buildroot/[RH]*/pgsql

The other 1 time out of 1000 you could also remove the mirror like Tom suggests as well.

Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind if this ever happens again.  However, removing those things didn’t fix the problem.  I suspect there
might be something wrong with the Perl setup on that animal, even though it hasn’t changed recently.  Unfortunately, my Perl
skills are non-existent, and I have no clue how to proceed.

-- todd

В списке buildfarm-members по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Help with failures on HEAD
Сообщение: Re: Help with failures on HEAD