Re: Useless "Replica Identity: NOTHING" noise from psql \d

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Useless "Replica Identity: NOTHING" noise from psql \d
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Note that "make check" in contrib is substantially slower than "make
> installcheck" --- it creates a temporary installation for each contrib
> module.  If we make buildfarm run installcheck for all modules, that
> might be a problem for some animals.  Would it be possible to have a
> target that runs "make installcheck" for most modules and "make check"
> only for those that need the separate installation?  Maybe we can have a
> file listing modules that don't support installcheck, for instance, and
> then use $(filter) and $(filter-out) to produce appropriate "$(MAKE) -C"
> loops.

This seems like a good idea to me; the slower animals will be putting lots
of cycles into pretty-much-useless "make check" builds if we don't.

Rather than a separate file, though, I think a distinct target in
contrib/Makefile would be the best mechanism for keeping the list of
modules that lack installcheck support.  Perhaps "make special-check"
or some name along that line?

> Also, there's the vcregress.pl business.  The way it essentially
> duplicates pg_upgrade/test.sh is rather messy; and now that
> test_decoding also needs similar treatment, it's not looking so good.
> Should we consider redoing that stuff in a way that allows both MSVC and
> make-based systems to run those tests?

Agreed, but I'm not volunteering to fix that one ;-)