Re: Useless "Replica Identity: NOTHING" noise from psql \d

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Useless "Replica Identity: NOTHING" noise from psql \d
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03/27/2014 01:09 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Note that "make check" in contrib is substantially slower than "make
>> installcheck" --- it creates a temporary installation for each contrib
>> module.  If we make buildfarm run installcheck for all modules, that
>> might be a problem for some animals.  Would it be possible to have a
>> target that runs "make installcheck" for most modules and "make check"
>> only for those that need the separate installation?  Maybe we can have a
>> file listing modules that don't support installcheck, for instance, and
>> then use $(filter) and $(filter-out) to produce appropriate "$(MAKE) -C"
>> loops.
> This seems like a good idea to me; the slower animals will be putting lots
> of cycles into pretty-much-useless "make check" builds if we don't.
>
> Rather than a separate file, though, I think a distinct target in
> contrib/Makefile would be the best mechanism for keeping the list of
> modules that lack installcheck support.  Perhaps "make special-check"
> or some name along that line?
>
>> Also, there's the vcregress.pl business.  The way it essentially
>> duplicates pg_upgrade/test.sh is rather messy; and now that
>> test_decoding also needs similar treatment, it's not looking so good.
>> Should we consider redoing that stuff in a way that allows both MSVC and
>> make-based systems to run those tests?
> Agreed, but I'm not volunteering to fix that one ;-)

I've been kind of hoping that someone would step up on both these items,
but the trail seems to have gone cold.

I'm going to put out the new buildfarm release with the new module to
run test_decoding check. But of course It won't have MSVC support.

These can go on my long TOO list unless someone else gets there first.

cheers

andrew