Re: Can't make backup (again)

От Sebastián Baioni
Тема Re: Can't make backup (again)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
--- Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> escribió:

> Sebastián Baioni wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Some days ago we were having problems running pg_dump (v. 8.2.5.7260) from Windows XP SP2 to a
> database in a sever PostgreSQL 8.2.5 on amd64-portbld-freebsd6.2.
> > We thought the problem was solved but we are having problems again.
> > Now we got an error:
> > "cannot allocate memory for input buffer"
> > The command was: "COPY public.sipat00 (sipasede, ... ) TO stdout;
> >
> > ¿Is this a memory problem?
>
> Well, yes you can't allocate memory.
>
>  > ¿From server (FreeBSD) or from client PC (Windows XP)?
>
> Did you see the error on the client PC or the server?
> What do the server logs show?
> What was the memory usage on the client when this happened?
>
> --
>    Richard Huxton
>    Archonet Ltd

The error was in the client PC, the command we used in a command line was: "C:\Program
files\pgAdmin III\1.8\pg_dump.exe" -h mihost -p 5432 -U miuser -F c -v -b -f "C:\back\db.backup"
db
I contacted the Admin and told me there was no erros nor in the postgresql log nor in the server
log.
I don't know the memory usage on the client, I'll try to repeat the error and check it.

Thank you
     Sebastián

      Yahoo! Encuentros.

Ahora encontrar pareja es mucho más fácil, probá el nuevo Yahoo! Encuentros
http://yahoo.cupidovirtual.com/servlet/NewRegistration