Re: Can't make backup (again)

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Can't make backup (again)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sebastián Baioni wrote:
> Hi,
> Some days ago we were having problems running pg_dump (v. 8.2.5.7260) from Windows XP SP2 to a database in a sever
PostgreSQL8.2.5 on amd64-portbld-freebsd6.2.
> We thought the problem was solved but we are having problems again.
> Now we got an error:
> "cannot allocate memory for input buffer"
> The command was: "COPY public.sipat00 (sipasede, ... ) TO stdout;
>
> ¿Is this a memory problem?

Well, yes you can't allocate memory.

 > ¿From server (FreeBSD) or from client PC (Windows XP)?

Did you see the error on the client PC or the server?
What do the server logs show?
What was the memory usage on the client when this happened?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

От: Stefan Schwarzer
Сообщение: Re: Forgot to dump old data before re-installing machine
От: hubert depesz lubaczewski
Сообщение: Re: LIKE and REGEX optimization