trigger on view returning created serial

От Philipp Kraus
Тема trigger on view returning created serial
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I have created a view and on this view a trigger, which is called on an insert command on the view.
Within the trigger I run an insert on a table and one of the table fields uses a serial sequence, that
creates values. If I run in the trigger after the insert a "return NEW", the field (id) which should
be set by the serial on the table is 0, so how can I get the new created serial on the insert command
within the trigger function?

Thanks

Phil