Re: Permissions to schema

От TiTo®
Тема Re: Permissions to schema
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I thing he is writing about the database objects estructure too. You can avoid users to access data from a schema, but you cant avoid they to access objects structure. As example you will see, on a table, its columns but not its data.

Sergio Tito
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 10:04 AM
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Permissions to schema

2009/10/26 Eduardo Sá dos Reis <eduardoreis@pjf.mg.gov.br>
Hi,

I have the structure on Postgre:

database:  dbGlobal

schema1:         sch_sist1     owner sch_sist1:  john

schema2          sch_sist2     owner sch_sist2:  mary

I' m using pgAdmin III.

Is there a way to avoid the mary to access the schema sch_sist1 ?

I don't want that mary see/access the schema of john and I don't want that john see/access the schema of mary.

Anybody has a solution.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-revoke.html

kgb=# create schema s1;
CREATE SCHEMA
kgb=# create user mary;
CREATE ROLE
kgb=# revoke all on schema s1 from mary;
REVOKE
kgb=# create table s1.testing (id int);
CREATE TABLE
kgb=# \c kgb mary