Re: Open items for 8.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Open items for 8.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Am Dienstag, 5. September 2006 05:58 schrieb Tom Lane:
>> A couple of recently discussed FE/BE protocol issues are: not storing a
>> plan at all for unnamed-statement cases, and thus allowing bind
>> parameters to be treated as constants; allowing parameter types to go
>> unresolved rather than throwing an error.  Perhaps it's too late to
>> consider these for 8.2, but they seem no more invasive than some other
>> items on the open-issues list.

> Do we have a patch for that today?

We could have a patch for the first one today --- I was thinking about
it last night and intending to code it today.  The second one is merely
a matter of removing an error check that exists now; the question really
is do people want that behavior.  (I asked that on the jdbc list and got
zero response, so actually I was thinking that it was a dead issue; but
as long as it's on the open-items list we ought to discuss it.)