Re: Performance of the temporary table creation and use.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Performance of the temporary table creation and use.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Luiz Gonzaga da Mata <gonzaga@pbh.gov.br> writes:
>  Although to have changed they sort_mem/work_mem it for 1 MB, it did not
> use this area in available memory for the connection to make the
> creation of the temporary table.

Why would you expect it to, and why would you think there is any
advantage?  A small, short-lived temp table will probably never actually
be spilled to disk by the kernel (we never fsync them) so the actual
performance improvement would be minimal.