Performance of the temporary table creation and use.

От Luiz Gonzaga da Mata
Тема Performance of the temporary table creation and use.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

A suggestion:

I made a test creating one database specific through pgAdminIII..
I created database test.
I created the table tb1 into test.
CREATE temporary TABLE tb1(
campo1 int2 NOT NULL
)WITH OIDS;

Insert into tb1 values(1);

The PostgreSQL creates a temporary schema  pg_temp_(1-n).  it physically
places the table in  this temporary schema  and with a OID inside of the
structure base/OID_do_database.
Although to have changed they sort_mem/work_mem it for 1 MB, it did not
use this area in available memory for the connection to make the
creation of the temporary table.
 It has enough memory so that it was used.  It would not be the case of
beyond create index, create temporary table also to use this available
resource?  The performance would be another one in environments with
much competition., not?

This value of sort_mem/work_mem is configured and not used.

Regards,

Luiz Gonzaga da Mata