Re: pgsql: Allow concurrent-safe open() and fopen() in frontendcode for Wi

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: pgsql: Allow concurrent-safe open() and fopen() in frontendcode for Wi
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Well, we have to do something.  I have a report from EDB's packagers
> that in 11beta4, "initdb --pwfile" is failing on Windows (ie, one can't
> connect afterwards using the specified password).  It seems nearly
> certain to me that the reason is that the file is read with
>
>                 FILE       *pwf = fopen(pwfilename, "r");
>
> and so the \r isn't getting stripped from what's used as the password.

Perhaps there is something obvious that I'm missing, but it seems that
all the problems we observe are caused by frontend code suddenly defaulting
to binary mode when it was text mode before.

Would it be an option to have pgwin32_open default to text mode in
frontend code and to binary mode in backend code?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe