Is it really difficult for postgres_fdw to implement READ COMMITTED isolation?

От Jinhua Luo
Тема Is it really difficult for postgres_fdw to implement READ COMMITTED isolation?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/postgres-fdw.html#id-1.11.7.43.12

As the doc said, the REPEATABLE READ isolation level is used to get
snapshot-consistent results.

But is it possible that postgres_fdw could get to know which remote
queries involved by each top outer command in the local transaction,
and use the same snapshot in the remote server to execute them
sequentially? For example, could we use PREPARE TRANSACTION and SET
TRANSACTION SNAPSHOT to archive this goal? Then we could use READ
COMMITTED on both sides?

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Allow concurrent-safe open() and fopen() in frontend code for Wi
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Allow concurrent-safe open() and fopen() in frontendcode for Wi