Re: Copy command freezes but INSERT works fine with trigger oninsert.

От Gregory S. Williamson
Тема Re: Copy command freezes but INSERT works fine with trigger oninsert.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
The copy command will run as a single transaction -- all succeed or all fail, I think, so if you interrupt it no rows
willbe loaded. The inserts -- unless wrapped into a transaction with a "begin; ... commit;" block will each be a single
transaction.

Check you postgres log file for the time when they copy was runnint --- you should see it writing something like this
asit does its logging:
2004-08-18 09:56:26 LOG:  removing transaction log file "0000002200000089"
2004-08-18 09:56:26 LOG:  removing transaction log file "0000002200000087"

In and of itself I don't see why the trigger would stop copy (although performance might be an issue), but I am rather
unacquaintedwith triggers in postgres, so perhaps someone more knowledgable could comment.

HTH,

Greg Williamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC