Keep a user from creating tables ?

От Gregory S. Williamson
Тема Keep a user from creating tables ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
In postgres 7.4, is there any way to stop a user from creating tables in a given database ?

I tried (as postgres user):
REVOKE ALL ON DATABASE test FROM testuser;

testuser can still connect and can still select from the tables I want them to see, but as user "testuser":

test=> CREATE TABLE foo(man INT,choo VARCHAR(2));
CREATE TABLE
test=> drop table foo;
DROP TABLE
test=> create temporary table foo (man INT,choo VARCHAR(2));
ERROR:  permission denied to create temporary tables in database "test"
test=>

I'm sure this is obvious but I'm not seeing it ... not just temporary, but all tables should be disallowed.

TIA,

Greg Williamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC