Re: OS X Tiger, and PostgreSQL 8.2 don't mix?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: OS X Tiger, and PostgreSQL 8.2 don't mix?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Seneca Cunningham <tentra@gmail.com> writes:
> No, I've only dealt with 10.4.  From what I've read Apple changes shm
> configuration methods every couple 10.X or so.

Yeah, they've changed the behavior at least three times :-(.  According
to our notes at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/kernel-resources.html
the current configuration file layout was introduced at 10.3.9, but
sometime later than that they changed the implementation in ways that
broke a lot of people's sysctl.conf files (ignoring the settings if
SHMMAX isn't exactly a multiple of 4K was one particularly unpleasant
and stupid change).  There was a period where we didn't know about that
restriction and the must-set-all-five rule and consequently came up with
a lot of cargo-cult pseudo-science about what worked in 10.4 and what
didn't.  But I believe the info given on the page above is complete and
accurate.  Until Apple changes it again ...

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.2.1 expected release date?
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.2.1 expected release date?