Re: OS X Tiger, and PostgreSQL 8.2 don't mix?

От Seneca Cunningham
Тема Re: OS X Tiger, and PostgreSQL 8.2 don't mix?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 10:12:56AM -0700, Scott Ribe wrote:
> > /etc/rc is what causes the values from /etc/sysctl.conf to be read in
> > and used.  Some values, such as the shm-related values are specified in
> > the default /etc/rc after /etc/sysctl.conf is parsed up by /etc/rc and
> > applied, but in 10.4 the kern.sysv.shm* values can only be set once.
>
> Do you know when this behavior was introduced?

No, I've only dealt with 10.4.  From what I've read Apple changes shm
configuration methods every couple 10.X or so.  Older versions, such as
10.2, used other files.  But for 10.4 (possibly also 10.3) you have to
place the configuration for shmmax, shmmin, shmmni, shmseg, and shmall
in /etc/sysctl.conf or somewhere in the boot scripts before OS X sets
them.

--
Seneca
tentra@gmail.com

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.2.1 expected release date?
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.2.1 expected release date?