Re: Does pgAdmin have to double-quote table and

От novnov
Тема Re: Does pgAdmin have to double-quote table and
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
I am having a discussion re pgsql double quoting or not in the General
mailing list, it's buried in the thread titled "Simple stored procedure
examples?" As far as I understand things, pgsql ignores case, unless I
explicitly use surround table and field names etc with double quotes. If I
use the double quotes then pgsql requires me to use referenece those objects
using double quotes and the exact case that I did originally. I'm not even
sure that I'm correct about all of that, but if I am, it seems that pgAdmin
is adding an uneccessary layer by automaticallly double quoting table and
field names that are not all lowercase.

This is important to me because I want to use namestyles like Item and
ItemName, and I don't want to have to double quote every table and field
reference. It seems that pgsql itself is fine with my preferred style but
that pgAdmin is effectively preventing it? I like pgAdmin otherwise so I'd
prefer not to have to hunt down a different editor.