Re: tsearch in core patch, for inclusion

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tsearch in core patch, for inclusion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
> Neil Conway wrote:
>> Another question that would be easier to resolve before the patch is
>> committed is naming: the patch currently uses a mix of "full text" and
>> "tsearch[2]" as the name of the full-text search feature. If we're going
>> to bless this as "the" integrated full-text search in PG, it might make
>> more sense to use "full text search" and "FTS" exclusively.

> making this consistent makes a lot of sense and I agree that it might be
> a good idea to just call it FTS (or similiar).
> But on the other side would have to go as far as renaming
> TSVECTOR/TSQUERY to FTSVECTOR/FTSQUERY or similiar which might pose some
> considerable headache for people upgrading from the contrib/ version.

If we use "text search" (abbrev TS) as the key phrase we can avoid that.

But this reiterates my point that the upgrade path for existing tsearch2
users is an important thing to consider.

Сообщение: Re: tsearch in core patch, for inclusion
Сообщение: Re: tsearch in core patch, for inclusion