Re: Re: synchronous_commit and synchronous_replication Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: synchronous_commit and synchronous_replication Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication.
Дата
Ответ на Re: Re: synchronous_commit and synchronous_replication Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication.  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am also wondering about the open issue of supporting comments to
>> SQL/MED objects. �I thought that was pretty straightforward, but given
>> that it took me three commits to get servers and foreign data wrappers
>> squared away and then it turned out that we're still missing support
>> for user mappings, I've been vividly reminded of the danger of
>> seemingly harmless commits. �Now I'm thinking that I should have just
>> replied to the initial report with "good point, but it's not a new
>> regression, so we'll fix it in 9.2". �But given that part of the work
>> has already been done, I'm not sure whether I should (a) finish it, so
>> we don't have to revisit this in 9.2, (b) leave it well enough alone,
>> and we'll finish it in 9.2, or (c) back out what's already been done
>> and plan to fix the whole thing in 9.2.

> On further review, I think (a) is not even an option worth discussing.
>  The permissions-checking logic for user mappings is quite different
> from what we do in the general case, and it seems likely to me that
> cleaning this up is going to require far more time and thought than we
> ought to be putting into what is really a relatively minor wart.  In
> retrospect, it seems clear that this wasn't worth messing with in the
> first place at this late date in the release cycle.

I agree that we should leave user mappings alone at the moment.  I don't
see a need to back out the work that's been done for the other object
types, unless you think there may be flaws in that.

Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Uppercase SGML entity declarations
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Uppercase SGML entity declarations