Re: [ADMIN] replication issue

От Alvaro Aguayo Garcia-Rada
Тема Re: [ADMIN] replication issue
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi.
Just restoring your non-BDR backup into a BDR cluster will not avoid future problems with sequences.
At first glance, the problem you are having is that all your sequences are local sequences(the only sequence type
withoutBDR). That works fine on an standalone, non-BDR node, but it could not work on a BDR cluster.

If you create a sequence on a BDR cluster, that sequence will be created on all nodes. However, if you call nextval for
thatsequence on your 3 nodes, you will probably get the same values on each one. That's why BDR have a different type
ofsequences, "global sequences".

BDR Global Sequences are split into chunks, and each group of chunks is assigned to each server in the cluster; nextval
getthe next value on a chunk assigned to the server you call it, guaranteeing that you will get different values on
eachserver. It also guarantees that a second call to nextval(in the same server) will produce a value higher than the
previouscall. However, it does not guarantee time-sequence correlation across servers. More info about global
sequences:http://bdr-project.org/docs/stable/global-sequences.html

To solve your problem, you must use global sequences. There's no conversion process, so you must drop your current
sequencesand recreate them as global sequences. Something like this:

SELECT nextval('seq_nnnn'); -- Will give you a value, let's say "x"
DROP SEQUENCE seq_nnnn;
CREATE SEQUENCE seq_nnnn START x USING bdr; -- Replace "x" with

Remember to assign USAGE permission as needed.

That will do the trick.

Saludos,

Alvaro Aguayo
Jefe de Operaciones
Open Comb Systems E.I.R.L.

Oficina: (+51-1) 3377813 | RPM: #034252 / (+51) 995540103  | RPC: (+51) 954183248
Website: www.ocs.pe