Re: btree_gist (was: CommitFest progress - or lack thereof)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: btree_gist (was: CommitFest progress - or lack thereof)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> 2011/2/17 Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su>:
>> We need to fix inet support as Tom complained and then will commit.

> I think those are two separate issues.

Yeah ... also, fixing the inet problem looked to me like it'd probably
be a major compatibility break (change in on-disk index contents).
Not something to rush into at the end of a development cycle.

In any case, I was pointing to that as a reason that btree_gist wasn't
ready to be in core.  It has nothing to do with KNN-ifying the module.
I would like to see that happen before 9.1, else KNN will go out with
not very many actual use-cases supported.