Re: btree_gist (was: CommitFest progress - or lack thereof)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: btree_gist (was: CommitFest progress - or lack thereof)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> In any case, I was pointing to that as a reason that btree_gist wasn't
> ready to be in core.  It has nothing to do with KNN-ifying the module.
> I would like to see that happen before 9.1, else KNN will go out with
> not very many actual use-cases supported.

However, a larger reason for not applying that patch in a rush is that
it's almost certainly not up to speed for the recent extensions-related
changes.  Please note in particular that we are now expecting the
update-from-unpackaged script to produce the same catalog state as the
install script.  I just committed fixes to btree_gist's scripts to make
that actually true.  Any new additions to the opclasses will need to be
done in the same style.