Re: unexpected EOF on client connection errors

От Volkan YAZICI
Тема Re: unexpected EOF on client connection errors
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,

On 10/10/05, Charley L. Tiggs <ctiggs@xpressdocs.com> wrote:
> I have a web solution that works extremely well. Yet, the following
> error appears in the logs a lot.  At least one entry every 5 minutes,
> quite a few more when the site is busy.
>
> webuser - xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx(59420) 2005-10-10 11:00:29 EDT> LOG:
> 08P01: unexpected EOF on client connection
> webuser - xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx(59420) 2005-10-10 11:00:29 EDT> LOCATION:
> SocketBackend, postgres.c:287

AFAIC, above messages was caused by the 0 return of recv() call, which
makes me think that your PHP scripts's execution maybe killed for some
reason instead of a clean exit. (In practice, PHP closes all of its
previous database connections (unless it's a persistent one) at the
exit stage of the script. Namely, pg_close() doesn't matter on a
non-persistent database connection.) Maybe execution takes to much
time and the script is killed by PHP or any other external proccess
before the exit stage.

H.T.H.