Re: PHP postgres connections

От Volkan YAZICI
Тема Re: PHP postgres connections
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

On 4/29/05, Mauro Bertoli <bertolima@yahoo.it> wrote:
>  I need to connect to 2 differents Postgres 8.0.0
> databases located in the same machine using the same
> PHP script with an "db wrapper object" instance
> (pg_Connect)... simply a PHP page with contemporarily
> 2 database connections...

Firstly some extra information from php.net:

{{{  [http://tr.php.net/pg_connect]  resource pg_connect ( string connection_string [, int connect_type] )  ...  If a
secondcall is made to pg_connect() with the same connection_string,  no new connection will be established unless you
pass SQL_CONNECT_FORCE_NEW as connect_type, but instead, the connection  resource of the already opened connection will
bereturned. You can have  multiple connections to the same database if you use different connection  strings.
}}}

Here's a simple db wrapper class for 2 different db connections:

class dbw
{  /* Connection parameter variables.  */  var connParam1;  var connParam2;
  function dbw()  {      /* Assigning values to conn. params. */      $this->connParam1 = "...";      $this->connParam2
="...";  }
  function connect($connParam)  {      /* Pay attention to SQL_CONNECT_FORCE_NEW parameter. */      return
pg_connect($connParam,SQL_CONNECT_FORCE_NEW);  }
  /* ... */
}

/* Creating DB Wrapper */
$dbw = new dbw();

/*
* If we're not happy with the current connParam1 value:
* $dbw->connParam1 = "...";
*/

$dbConn1 = $dbw->connect($dbw->connParam1);
$dbConn2 = $dbw->connect($dbw->connParam2);

> Can I use however persistent connections ?

Yep. Just replace pg_connect line in the code with pg_pconnect. But I
(as PHP team)  don't recommend using persistent connections. Please
read "Persistent Database Connections" [1] before deciding to use.

[1] http://php.net/manual/en/features.persistent-connections.php

Regards.

P.S. Next time, please try to use pgsql-php listen for PHP related questions.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Build issues: "-static" builds resulting initdb problems
Сообщение: Re: Build issues: "-static" builds resulting initdb problems