Re: Build issues: "-static" builds resulting initdb problems

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Build issues: "-static" builds resulting initdb problems
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
"Metin Ozisik" <metin@evincetek.com> writes:
> Build time parameter: CFLAGS="-static" ./configure

Is there a particular reason for you to be doing that?

>     creating conversions ... FATAL: could not load library =
> "../ascii_and_misc.so": ../../ascii_and_misc.so: undefined symbol: =
> pg_mic2ascii

pg_mic2ascii is a function exported by the core backend.  I suppose
that "-static" is somehow suppressing the visibility of that symbol
to the dynamically loaded library ascii_and_misc.so.  I am not sure
whether this indicates a dynamic loader bug, or whether it's a case
of "so don't do that then" ... but in any case I don't think it's
a Postgres bug.
        regards, tom lane