Re: Equivalent function not found forERROR_PROCEDURE(),ERROR_LINE(),ERROR_MESSAGE().

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Equivalent function not found forERROR_PROCEDURE(),ERROR_LINE(),ERROR_MESSAGE().
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 3/27/2017 3:59 AM, MAJUMDER, SAYAN wrote:

I am new to postgresql and presently we are migrating from sql server to postgresql.

We have certain functions in sql server such as ERROR_PROCEDURE(),ERROR_LINE(),ERROR_MESSAGE(). I am unable to find any equivalent

functions in postgresql. Kindly help me. Thanks in advance. Its urgent.

I'm not familiar with those functions in Microsoft SQL Server, however see the various result functions in https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/libpq-exec.html  such as PQresultStatus, PQresultErrorMessage, PQresultErrorField, etc, to get the error results of a query executed via the standard libpq API.

If you are using a different API to access postgres, then you'd need to look into that API's error return functions.