Re: Misleading "For more information..." placement

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Misleading "For more information..." placement
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> On 25 Mar 2023, at 16:43, PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> The final sentence ("For more information refer to Section 24.3") is easily
> read to refer to more information being available about character code zero
> (NUL).  However, section 24.3 has no mention of NUL, but rather the
> available database character sets.  I'd suggest moving that last sentence to
> immediately after the first sentence, which ends with "...when the database
> is created."

I think sentence with the link is better at the end, how about if we reword it
slightly to something like this to make it clearer?

        "For more information on character sets refer to Section 24.3"

> A really minor point, but it caught me off-guard.

In Postgres we excel at caring about minor points, so thanks for your report!

--
Daniel Gustafsson