Misleading "For more information..." placement

От PG Doc comments form
Тема Misleading "For more information..." placement
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/datatype-character.html

In the paragraph

> The characters that can be stored in any of these data types are
determined by the database character set, which is selected when the
database is
> created. Regardless of the specific character set, the character with code
zero (sometimes called NUL) cannot be stored. For more information refer to
Section 24.3.

The final sentence ("For more information refer to Section 24.3") is easily
read to refer to more information being available about character code zero
(NUL).  However, section 24.3 has no mention of NUL, but rather the
available database character sets.  I'd suggest moving that last sentence to
immediately after the first sentence, which ends with "...when the database
is created."

A really minor point, but it caught me off-guard.

Best,
-Randall

От: PG Doc comments form
Сообщение: Split_Part w/negative integer does not work
От: Erik Wienhold
Сообщение: Re: Split_Part w/negative integer does not work