Re: Investigate postgres 9.6.3 repmgr lag 4.0.4

От Rui DeSousa
Тема Re: Investigate postgres 9.6.3 repmgr lag 4.0.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Jun 25, 2018, at 2:44 AM, Mariel Cherkassky <mariel.cherkassky@gmail.com> wrote:

 "have it fail over to using the archived WALs instead of full database restore" How do I configure this ?

With Postgres replication, it’s configured it in the recovery.conf file using the “restore_command”.  It would amount to a some script that connect into your backups and pulls the requested WAL file.

When you say no firewall; that is bit confusing and I’m left assuming that the nodes are on the same subnet?  I normally only use replication slots with either a backup solution or a replia that is going over a WAN.  I am bit perplex why replication would fall that far behind on a local network (send lag not replay lag).  What is the interconnect; is it gigabit or 10g and what the volume of WALs being generated? Might have a network related issue here.

I haven’t used repmgr; thus I can’t help there.