Re: Infinite waitOnLock

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Infinite waitOnLock
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Leonard Meyer <lmeyer@excilys.com> wrote:

>>> We're doing an ETL Akka application using PostgreSQL 9.3.5
>>> using driver 9.3-1102-jdbc41. We're currently testing our
>>> application resilience by shutting down the database in the
>>> middle of our processing.
>>
>> *Exactly* how are you "shutting down the database"?

> We call stop on the postgresql service so "sudo service
> postgresql stop".

Hmm.  That shouldn't prevent the client side from seeing the
connection as closed (as would happen if the network was unplugged
or the server abruptly turned off) -- so the TCP keepalive settings
should not come into play.  Given that, it does sound like a likely
bug in the JDBC driver.  The best place to report that is the
pgsql-jdbc list; I don't think that the people who do most of the
work on the JDBC driver tend to read this pgsql-bug list.  Please
post there, and include that stack trace again.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com