Re: join two tables without a key

От Dino Vliet
Тема Re: join two tables without a key
Дата
Re: join two tables without a key  ("Igor Neyman" <ineyman@perceptron.com>)
Список pgsql-general
--- On Sat, 4/3/10, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] join two tables without a key
To: "Dino Vliet" <dino_vliet@yahoo.com>
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Date: Saturday, April 3, 2010, 1:01 PM

On 03/04/2010 11:16, Dino Vliet wrote:

> Hi postgresql list, If I have two tables with the same number of rows
> but different columns and I want to create one table out of them what
> would be the way to do that in postgresql?
>
> Table A has N number of rows and columns X,Y,Z and Table B has N
> number of rows and P,Q,R as columns. None of the tables have a
> column which can be used as a key.
>
> The resulting table should have N number of rows and X,Y,Z,P,Q,R as
> columns.

How do the rows in the tables relate to each other? You need to decide
first how you match the rows in A and B.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Hi Ray,

they don' t. It' s pure randomly generated data.

Brgds

Сообщение: Re: join two tables without a key
Сообщение: Re: join two tables without a key