Re: In a moment of madness I destroyed...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: In a moment of madness I destroyed...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jerry Levan <jerry.levan@gmail.com> writes:
> Today I updated my fedora machine from f19 to f20 without taking a
> data dump.

> When �fedup� finished my 9.2.x binaries were updated to 9.3.x and
> postgresql can no longer start�

Install postgresql-upgrade and do "service postgresql upgrade".
More or less ... that's from memory, and I've not looked at that stuff
in nearly a year.  Read the README file under /usr/share/doc/postgresql*
to get the correct details.  And make a physical backup first, if the
data is that valuable to you.

A bigger question is why you don't have an organized backup plan to
begin with.  Especially if you're keeping priceless personal data
on such a bleeding-edge system as Fedora.  (I'll omit the blurb
for my former employer's commercial offering, other than to note
that I'm gladly paying their subscription price now that I don't
get it for free.  And I keep backups, too ;-))