Re: pg_monitor role description

От Pavel Luzanov
Тема Re: pg_monitor role description
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 20.05.2021 11:54, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 3:01 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 06:11:40AM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:
"This role is a member of pg_read_all_settings, pg_read_all_stats and
pg_stat_scan_tables."
Is it correct sentence?
It seems for me that pg_read_all_stats is a member of pg_monitor. But not
vice versa.
Here is what I am getting:
=# \dgS pg_monitor                                      List of roles Role name  |  Attributes  |                         Member of
------------+--------------+-------------------------------------------------------------- pg_monitor | Cannot login | {pg_read_all_settings,pg_read_all_stats,pg_stat_scan_tables}

=# \dgS pg_read_all_data                List of roles
    Role name     |  Attributes  | Member of
------------------+--------------+----------- pg_read_all_data | Cannot login | {}

So the docs look correct to me.
Indeed.  In other words pg_monitor is the sum of the authorizations
given by all those roles.
Let me try one more time.
What is correct from the English language point of view:

1. Julien Rouhaud is a member of PostgreSQL Community.

or

2. PostgreSQL Community is a member of Julien Rouhaud, Michael Paquier.

Or both forms are correct?

I think that 1 is correct. And column header in a \du output must be something like 'members' instead of 'member of'.
--
Pavel Luzanov
Postgres Professional: https://postgrespro.com

Сообщение: Re: pg_monitor role description
Сообщение: Re: pg_monitor role description