Re: Use of Functional Indexs and Planner estimates

От Manfred Koizar
Тема Re: Use of Functional Indexs and Planner estimates
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 17:24:36 +1000, Russell Smith <mr-russ@pws.com.au>
wrote:
>Also I am interested in how functional indexes have statistics collected for them, if they do.

Not in any released version.

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql-server/src/backend/commands/analyze.c

| Revision 1.70 / Sun Feb 15 21:01:39 2004 UTC (3 months, 3 weeks ago) by tgl
| Changes since 1.69: +323 -16 lines
|
| First steps towards statistics on expressional (nee functional) indexes.
| This commit teaches ANALYZE to store such stats in pg_statistic, but
| nothing is done yet about teaching the planner to use 'em.

So statistics gathering for expressional indexes will be in 7.5, but I
don't know about the state of the planner ...

Servus
 Manfred