Re: Use of Functional Indexs and Planner estimates

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Use of Functional Indexs and Planner estimates
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Manfred Koizar <mkoi-pg@aon.at> writes:
> So statistics gathering for expressional indexes will be in 7.5, but I
> don't know about the state of the planner ...

Planner support is there too:

    * src/: backend/optimizer/path/costsize.c,
    backend/optimizer/util/relnode.c, backend/utils/adt/selfuncs.c,
    include/optimizer/pathnode.h, include/utils/selfuncs.h: Make use of
    statistics on index expressions.  There are still some corner cases
    that could stand improvement, but it does all the basic stuff.    A
    byproduct is that the selectivity routines are no longer
    constrained to working on simple Vars; we might in future be able
    to improve the behavior for subexpressions that don't match

I don't recall anymore what "corner cases" I had in mind for future
improvement.