confusing positioning of notes in connection settings

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема confusing positioning of notes in connection settings
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
While testing a few other things on the connection settings page[1], I
noticed the notes on the "tcp_*" family of settings. While scrolling
further down the page, I found myself slightly confused over which note
corresponded to which setting (example in screenshot).

Given the nature of these notes, i.e. to say that the setting is not
supported in Windows, couldn't we just add that text to the description
of the parameter and remove the note? I think that'd make it a bit
clearer which comment applies to which parameter.

While arguably this is not a big deal now, the new deep-linking work for
v16[2] could make this a bit more confusing.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jonathan

[1]