Re: psql crash on 9.6.16

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: psql crash on 9.6.16
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 3/16/20 12:32 PM, Scot Kreienkamp wrote:

> Scot Kreienkamp <Scot.Kreienkamp@la-z-boy.com> writes:
>> I was using psql to connect to the local database for a simple update this morning and it crashed.  Here's what was
printedout after the crash.  I was not able to re-create it.

> Hm, the backtrace says the problem is somewhere inside libreadline,
> which means it has nothing to do with any SQL-level concepts, but
> rather with editing your input text.  Did you do anything unusual
> while typing that line of input --- say, recall it from history,
> or edit it in a way that you don't usually do, or even mistype
> some control character you don't usually type?
>
> Sadly, the visible evidence here doesn't tell us much of anything
> about what provoked the crash :-(
>
> FWIW, there's a pretty good chance that this isn't psql's fault
> per se, but a libreadline bug.  You might check to see if you can
> get a newer readline version installed.
>
>             regards, tom lane
>
> [Scot Kreienkamp]
> Nothing unusual that I can think of.  I typed it in by hand, the update succeeded, and I was able to recall it and
runit again from history with no crash.

How did you get to the SELECT statement that ultimately crashed the session?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: unexpected chunk number 2 (expected 0) for toast value ... in pg_toast_18536