Re: unexpected chunk number 2 (expected 0) for toast value ... in pg_toast_18536

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: unexpected chunk number 2 (expected 0) for toast value ... in pg_toast_18536
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On March 16, 2020 1:22:18 PM PDT, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> writes:
>
>>> I'd be mildly in favor. But it's considerably more than just the
>>> executor check that'd need to change. We don't the right thing for
>toast
>>> relations in plenty places right now, because we just check for
>>> RELKIND_RELATION - which will break junkvars etc.
>
>> Hm, and I wonder if there could be problems with
>> HeapTupleSatisfiesToast() too? It doesn't really forsee much DML
>being
>> done.
>
>We've always allowed people to select from toast tables, so if there
>are planner or executor problems with that, I'd think they'd mostly be
>bugs that need fixed anyway.  Your point about HeapTupleSatisfiesToast
>is better though.

The logic to add/extract junkvars for updated/deleted tables, as well as other parts of the modification code paths,
weren'texposed so far though.

I've tried allowing updates/deletes before (at least deletes are needed to e.g handle duplicate values), I'm fairly
confidentthat the junkvar issue is real.

Andres