RE: dsa_allocate() faliure

От Arne Roland
Тема RE: dsa_allocate() faliure
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hello,

I'm not sure whether this is connected at all, but I'm facing the same error with a generated query on postgres 10.6.
It works with parallel query disabled and  gives "dsa_allocate could not find 7 free pages" otherwise.

I've attached query and strace. The table is partitioned on (o, date). It's not depended on the precise lists I'm
using,while it obviously does depend on the fact that the optimizer chooses a parallel query.

Regards
Arne Roland

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com>
Sent: Friday, October 5, 2018 4:17 AM
To: Sand Stone <sand.m.stone@gmail.com>
Cc: Rick Otten <rottenwindfish@gmail.com>; Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>; pgsql-performance@lists.postgresql.org; Robert
Haas<robertmhaas@gmail.com>

Subject: Re: dsa_allocate() faliure

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 5:48 PM Sand Stone <sand.m.stone@gmail.com> wrote:
> I attached a query (and its query plan) that caused the crash: "dsa_allocate could not find 13 free pages" on one of
theworker nodes. I anonymised the query text a bit.  Interestingly, this time only one (same one) of the nodes is
crashing.Since this is a production environment, I cannot get the stack trace. Once turned off parallel execution for
thisnode. The whole query finished just fine. So the parallel query plan is from one of the nodes not crashed,
hopefullythe same plan would have been executed on the crashed node. In theory, every worker node has the same bits,
andvery similar data.

I wonder if this was a different symptom of the problem fixed here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/194c0706-c65b-7d81-ab32-2c248c3e2344%402ndquadrant.com

Can you still reproduce it on current master, REL_11_STABLE or REL_10_STABLE?

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Вложения

От: Mariel Cherkassky
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: found xmin from before relfrozenxid
От: Jan Nielsen
Сообщение: Re: SELECT performance drop