Re: ERROR: found xmin from before relfrozenxid

От Mariel Cherkassky
Тема Re: ERROR: found xmin from before relfrozenxid
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I'm checking the full version.
As you said I saw that in 9.6.9 there was a fix for the next bug :

Avoid spuriously marking pages as all-visible (Dan Wood, Pavan Deolasee, Álvaro Herrera)

This could happen if some tuples were locked (but not deleted). While queries would still function correctly, vacuum would normally ignore such pages, with the long-term effect that the tuples were never frozen. In recent releases this would eventually result in errors such as "found multixact nnnnn from before relminmxid nnnnn".

So basically, he just need to upgrade in order to fix it ? Or there is something else that need to be done?

‫בתאריך יום ד׳, 23 בינו׳ 2019 ב-21:51 מאת ‪Jerry Sievers‬‏ <‪gsievers19@comcast.net‬‏>:‬
Mariel Cherkassky <mariel.cherkassky@gmail.com> writes:

> Hey,
> I'm trying to help a guy that is using pg9.6 but I'm not so familiar
> with the error message :
> ERROR:  found xmin 16804535 from before relfrozenxid 90126924
> CONTEXT:  automatic vacuum of table db1.public.table_1"

9.6.?...

That error or a very similar one was fixed in a recent point release.

HTH

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting