Re: upgrade from FC9 / PG8.3 to C7 / PG 9.6 - utf8

От Ron
Тема Re: upgrade from FC9 / PG8.3 to C7 / PG 9.6 - utf8
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 1/18/19 9:30 AM, Gary Stainburn wrote:
[snip]
> I have done the import using the pg_dumpall done on the 8.3 system. From the
> comments earlier, would I be better off doing a pg_dumpall of the 8.3 system
> using the binarys from the 10.6 system?

How much data do you have, and how large of a window do you have to migrate
the data?

For example, we moved from 8.4 to 9.6 (that was frozen while 10 was still in
beta) and it would have taken almost five days to dump the data using the
single-threaded 8.4 pg_dump, and just as long to do a single-threaded restore.

OTOH, the elapsed time using the 9.6 pg_dump with 8 threads was 14 hours,
and the restore only 8.33 hours.

Сообщение: Re: upgrade from FC9 / PG8.3 to C7 / PG 9.6 - utf8
Сообщение: Re: upgrade from FC9 / PG8.3 to C7 / PG 9.6 - utf8