Re: PATCH:do not set Win32 server-side socket buffer size on windows 2012

От chenhj
Тема Re: PATCH:do not set Win32 server-side socket buffer size on windows 2012
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2015-07-03 16:49:44,"David Rowley" <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote
I'm wondering what the original test setup was. I'm assuming psql and postgres both running on separate windows machines?

I've tested the patch just connecting to a database running on localhost and I'm not getting much of a speedup. Perhaps 1%, if that's not noise. I don't have enough hardware here to have client and server on separate machines, at least not with a stable network that goes through copper.

My original test environments is as the following

Environment1:
Server:Windows 2012(x64)
  The host is a VM in a private cloud
Client:RHEL6(x64)
 The host is another VM in the same private cloud
Network:1Gbit LAN

Environment2:
Server:Windows 2012(x64)
  The host is a VM in a private cloud
Client:Windows 7(x64)
  The host is a physical machine(in fact it is My PC).
Network:1Gbit LAN

This Patch should only can speedup the environment which satisfy the following conditions.
1. The OS of the server is Windows 2012 or Win8(but i only tested it in Windows 2012).
2. The client and the server is separate machines.
3. The performance bottleneck is network throughput.
4. The utilization rate of network bandwidth is not full(such as only 50% or lower).

Best Regards
Chen Huajun