Re: core dumps in auto_prewarm, tests succeed

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Re: core dumps in auto_prewarm, tests succeed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
23.01.2024 20:30, Andres Freund wrote:
> I don't think that's viable and would cause more problems than it solves, it'd
> make us think that we might have an old postgres process hanging around that
> needs to be terminted before we can start up. And I simply don't see the point
> - we already record whether we crashed in the control file, no?

With an Assert injected in walsender.c (as in [1]) and test
012_subtransactions.pl modified to finish just after the first
"$node_primary->stop;", I see:
pg_controldata -D src/test/recovery/tmp_check/t_012_subtransactions_primary_data/pgdata/
Database cluster state:               shut down

But the assertion undoubtedly failed:
grep TRAP src/test/recovery/tmp_check/log/*
src/test/recovery/tmp_check/log/012_subtransactions_primary.log:TRAP: failed Assert("0"), File: "walsender.c", Line:
2688, PID: 142201

As to the need to terminate a process, which is supposedly hanging around,
I think, this situation doesn't differ in general from what we have after
kill -9...

So my point was to let 'pg_ctl stop' know about an error occurred during
the server stop.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/290b9ae3-98a2-0896-a957-18d3b60b6260%40gmail.com

Best regards,
Alexander