Re: Danger of automatic connection reset in psql

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Danger of automatic connection reset in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/14/16 5:41 AM, Oleksandr Shulgin wrote:
> Automatic connection reset is a nice feature for server development,
> IMO.  Is it really useful for anything else is a good question.

I use it all the time for application development; my rebuild script
will forcibly kick everyone out to re-create the database. I put that in
because I invariably end up with a random psql sitting somewhere that I
don't want to track down.

What currently stinks though is if the connection is dead and the next
command I run is a \i, psql just dies instead of re-connecting. It'd be
nice if before reading the script it checked connection status and
attempted a reconnect.

> At least an option to control that behavior seems like a good idea,
> maybe even set it to 'no reconnect' by default, so that people who
> really use it can make conscious choice about enabling it in their
> .psqlrc or elsewhere.

+1, I don't think it needs to be the default.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)   mobile: 512-569-9461