Re: Speed of different procedural language

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Speed of different procedural language
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Tom Lane wrote:
> I'd expect plpgsql to suck at purely computational tasks, compared to
> the other PLs, but to win at tasks involving database access.  These

There you go...pl/pgsql is pretty much required learning (it's not
hard).  For classic data processing tasks, it is without peer.  I would
generalize that a large majority of tasks fall under this category.
pl/pgsql is quick, has a low memory profile, and you can cut sql
directly in code instead of through a proxy object...I could go on and
on about how useful and important that is.

merlin